xRekless Suggestion Post

Discussion in 'Denied suggestions' started by xRekless, Jun 23, 2017.

1. xRekless

xRekless Retired Staff
    Lord

Before I start this post I'd like to state that I understand the Staff is working hard and doing their best to release updates and new features, I don't want this to seem like me listing complaints to annoy the staff members and I get that other people might see things differently than me. I'm not trying to take any shots at the server or the people working on it, I have really enjoyed playing on the server up until recently and I'm thankful for them making something for me and others to play on.
    With that said I encourage everyone who cares to reply and leave feedback about my suggestions individually, I'm genuinely curious about how others feel so don't just "+1" or state that you disagree in one word.

First off, I'll discuss my thoughts and suggestions on drug prices and shops. With the reset came a new shop system and new prices, which are to my knowledge still being re-worked and will be updated at some point.. Obviously I don't know what the planned new prices are and they may already be balanced and able to work well but I'll leave my suggestion anyway. I think that if there are 10+ drugs on the server to grow and sell, they should all be worth while and there shouldn't be a clear best or even a few that are significantly better. I understand that based on the fact that the plants grow at different speeds and in different ways it is somewhat of a difficult goal, but with testing they could all be placed at price points that leave none of them useless and don't point to a clear best. If there is one drug (Currently Netherwart) that is clearly significantly better to sell, the server becomes very repetitive and lacks diversity not only in what people do as far as on a day to day basis, but also when it comes to starting new projects etc. For example if nether wart is clearly better than other drugs to sell, and I already have a nether wart farm and want to work on another farm or project, It'd probably be a new nether wart farm.. If people are encouraged to create many different projects and invest time into different things i think they would also be encouraged to continue playing, especially after they have invested time already.

Next I'll go over my suggestions for Autofarms and how I think they should be handled. First of all, autofarms are a large part of many players play style and how they spend time on the server.. and that is not a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier if people have more projects to work on, especially when the projects aren't entirely mindless, they are more likely to invest more time on the server, and after people invest time it is more likely they continue spending time on the server. I understand that one problem autofarms bring is their contribution to lag, and I'm not entirely sure of the best ways to handle that. I think something that could help would be a public way to inform people of things they should do to reduce lag from their farms in order for their farms to not be removed. Maybe a warp or room at spawn with examples so people know how to create minimal lag from their farms. That said it should be very clear that if they fail to take these preventative measures or quickly edit if there is problems, the farms will be removed. One point is that they contribute to the gap in the economy, however I disagree (granted the auto-farmable drugs were over priced last season). Everyone is capable of making auto farms and afk'ing them. The gap in the economy will be around, auto farms or not, as long as the server uses the shop multiplier system, or at least such an extreme version of it. I personally do not think the gap in the economy is even that much of a problem, granted how much progress it takes to reach high level prestige.. It makes sense that the top level players can afford much more of everything, even if it was exaggerated greatly last season. This suggestion ties in with balancing the prices of drugs as the auto-farm able drugs could obviously be priced lower than drugs that are more difficult and take longer to farm. Also, a complete nerf in price to autofarm-able drugs would lead to the drugs not worth being farmed manually at all, so i think a good compromise would be balanced prices for things such as paper, pumpkin seeds, and cactus while pricing their unrefined versions (Sugar Cane, Pumpkins, and raw cactus) much lower. (if this confuses anyone or if you specifically disagree with this please reply.)

Another area I'd like to express my opinion on (mainly because It was being debated in chat today) is the quantity of staff members. I saw some people arguing that there is too much staff, and others saying that there is not enough. I think there is more than enough helpers, especially since a few of them aren't very active and there seems to be plenty even without them. I don't think there is a need for more helpers however I personally think the staff team needs more high staff or admins. Again as I stated at the beginning of the post I am not doubting that the staff is working hard and doing everything they can, however the roll out of updates since the reset has been very slow especially since many people were under the impression that the features of these updates would already be available after the server's reset. Obviously more people working on things would make them be ready for the server faster, but I understand that you may not want more admins or higher staff and promoting trustworthy people to such positions is a difficult task so this may be entirely irrelevant but it makes sense to me.

Thanks for reading, again these are just my opinions and suggestions and I may have missed certain things or not thought certain things all the way through, so please leave feedback.

2. oboshia

oboshia easter bunny
    Wicked

I don't find that the issue with the Helpers is the abundance of them, but more with the inactivity to the point where there is no staff to moderate chat. As for everything else, I'm indifferent and understand where you're coming from.

Speedy543 and hippyguyman like this.
  3. hippyguyman

hippyguyman DrugRun Head Mod
    Staff Member Admin King

Autofarms ruined last season which is why they were removed. They caused a whole ton of lag and allowed players to generate money 24 hours a day after taking 2-3 hours of building for an auto farm. The reason people had so many hours last season is because of the AFK farms. Auto farms allowed people to AFK and did not take any effort to make money after being built.

I don't think there is a gap in the economy, actually there is a fairly balanced economy at the moment naturally being ran by the donator ranks though which makes sense considering they payed real money to get there. You talked about diversity but I do not believe that auto farms will bring this. Auto farms do not bring diversity because it will resort back to auto cane, auto cactus and auto pumpkin/melon farms removing the need for other drug farms. The farm will turn back into season 1 where people built ridiculously big farms with their friends and were making hundreds of millions of dollars (ruining the economy).

I don't think auto farms should be added because you're too lazy to manual farm.

oboshia likes this.
  4. xRekless

xRekless Retired Staff
    Lord

First of all auto farms were not removed, I and many players currently use them. I don't know what type of autofarms people built in 2-3 hours, but they must not have been very effective. This has nothing to do with laziness, effective auto-farms are big projects and personally i've probably spent more time on my current one than 90% of the server has spent farming. I believe that if the drugs are priced appropriately, auto-farms will bring diversity. The drugs that have to be farmed manually should be worth more, so you would be presented with the choice of either making a regular farm and immediately starting to make profit, or investing a large amount of time in something that wouldn't pay off as much until later. Currently there isn't that large of a gap in the economy because no one has reached multipliers past 3.5... we're two weeks into a completely fresh economy, I guarantee that with a shop system that allows certain people to sell for five times more than others, there will eventually be a gap. I don't understand how autofarms ruin the economy if everyone has exactly equal opportunity to make them. The fact that sugarcane was the best priced drug and also the most efficient to autofarm is what made the auto farms overpowered.

5. Parmind_88

Parmind_88 Active Member

Manual farms are lazy. You build a big square of dirt or soul sand and then start mindlessly grinding away breaking the plants over and over. When your manual farm gets raided? Easy. Fill in the tnt craters with more dirt or build another square somewhere else and get to grinding.

Autofarms take careful planning, engineering, construction, and material gathering. Once you have built one you must defend it heavily as one tnt or cegg could cause severe or even irreparable damage.

I know it is in the best interest of the server to be under minimal load. Just please consider the depth autofarms add to the game.

6. Qaazx

Qaazx Retired Staff
    Wicked

Regarding your comment about quantity/activity of current staff, most of us just have different schedules since the start of summer. For example koszik and I are usually only on later in the evening on weekdays because I have work and he's out not spending every minute of his summer on MC. We have Staff from many different time zones to try to work around this problem. Being in EST, BlueCrazii, Zias, and usually max and/or David are on when I'm getting up in the morning and on most of the day. Then by the time I'm going to bed, Saltiness, Geek, Flavour or somebody is usually getting on. Obviously the schedule is not perfect since there are definitely gaps where there are no staff on. Promotions may or may not be due to help fill those gaps, but I'm not the one who decides that.

7. Redacted

Redacted Retired Admin
    Wicked

Booster shops will be updated this weekend. And yes we still dont like the new prices we will keep changing them untill we are happy with it.

8. BlueCrazii

BlueCrazii Retired Staff
    Wicked

We try to be as much online as we can but you know we all have a life so yeah we try as much as we can but we aint robots

9. Bluntfrizzy

Bluntfrizzy DrugRun Head-Mod
    Staff Member Admin Wicked

I am RoboCop XD

10. xRekless

xRekless Retired Staff
    Lord

I don't think there's a problem with how many helpers or staff members are online, there's generally plenty. I was just referring to the few staff members that hardly get on at all and haven't in the duration i've been playing the server. I really just mentioned the staff in this post because people in chat were arguing that there needed to be more helpers and I disagreed